14 May Home Decor Trends for 2019: Make Your Home Your Landmark
As we say ‘hello’ to the new year, we are also greeting a variety of new home decor trends. New and refined trends are making a statement this year, while a few older trends are still making a name for themselves in homes across the globe. In 2019, we’re seeing an increase in bright, floral prints and fabrics, touches of natural elements, feminine tones, and so many more styles that are guaranteed to give your home a new and refreshed look.
Here are a few of the new home decor trends we will be seeing this year:
- Matte Black: Matte black accents will be making an appearance this year in kitchens and bathrooms. Matte black fixtures add a beautiful contrast to kitchens and bathrooms, taking these rooms to the next level. Paired with white marble, opulence will surround your home.
- Biophilia: Describing the relationship between humans and nature, this year, we are seeing the concept of biophilia being incorporated within many homes. Wood floors, stone, elements of natural sunlight, greenery, and more accentuate and strengthen the relationship we have with nature.
- Artisanal Fixtures: Interior designers are seeing the incorporation of artisanal fixtures within many homes. Lighting plays an important role in one’s home, therefore, it’s ideal to have fixtures that match the rest of your home’s interior style. Artisanal fixtures invite natural elements to shift focus from modern to nature.
- Feminine Tones: Feminine tones are making a major comeback this year. From fabrics to wall color, accent pieces and more, feminine tones are reviving homes all over. Not limited to the rooms of young girls, we will be seeing feminine tones like blush, dusty rose, bronze, and other soft pinks being incorporated into furniture, accent pieces, wall color, and more throughout homes. These whimsical colors contrast well with warm, neutral tones, and are sure to uplift tired rooms.
- Floral: Floral designs are standing strong against the test of time and are another popular design trend this year. With a few unique adjustments, floral fabrics and wallpaper will focus on abstract and chintz patterns and can be found in wallpaper and more.