Landmark Homes of TN Inc.
Mt. Juliet, TN US
We are a premier residential home builder in Middle Tennessee for over 30 years. Landmark prides itself on providing our customers with exceptional Customer Service and Personalization. We are a team-centered company that strives to find the perfect fit for those who choose to join our roster. Our mission and core values place our emphasis on our team-centric philosophy, and we strive to build on the personal and professional success of our staff.
Landmark Homes of TN is searching for the best people in the industry who want to join our Elite Team!
Manages all supplier and trade partner relationships for Landmark Homes including vendor selection, trade partner selection, relationship management, contractors, and current pricing. Responsible for all company purchasing, and standards compliance by suppliers, trade partners, and vendors. Enters, processes, and tracks all construction required purchase orders including any change orders required for each house.
Responsible for all construction estimates for both standard offerings and custom-built homes. Manages blueprints for all plans built by Landmark Homes to ensure they comply with both company and community standards. Provides quantity take-offs for all plans offered and built by Landmark Homes. Ensures the construction integrity of all custom changes made to Landmark plans. Works in an office environment 85% of the time; works outside the office at job sites 15% of the time.
Manages all purchasing functions including cost management; ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements by the community. Ensures all building estimates and materials meet or exceed regulatory and company standards. Manages trade partner relationships. Responsible for accuracy of all material and quantity usage by the plan. Responsible for all company construction project cost estimates.
Manages all Purchasing and Estimating employees including estimators, junior estimators, CAD/Draftsman.
- Determines the most effective procurement of material, labor and trade partner reviews and coordinates with the field personnel and COO prior to finalization. Identifies potential suppliers and solicits quotes from suppliers and/or trade partners. Evaluates quotes for completeness, compliance to specifications, reasonableness or price, conformance to quality standards/schedule/budget support in agreement with VP and COO. Approves vendors including agreed prices and payment terms for all Landmark acquisition of materials and services
- Establishes the scope of work for all trade partners: reviews revises and obtains signatures of agreement every 12 months. Updates all and documents requirements as businesses require ensuring trade partners meet or exceed all industry code standards. Ensures all trade partners have a signed scope-of-work document on file prior to completing any work for Landmark. Establish and maintain the database of approved suppliers and vendors (i.e. Landmark Price book) including required documentation, certifications, and agreed prices. Coordinates with Accounts Payable to confirm current insurance is in place
- Coordinating input from all necessary landmark functions, updates and inputs all supplier, vendor, and trade partner information into the current pertinent automated system databases ” and help implement new software Mark Systems. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all associated data
- Utilize Landmark software programs available: Plan Swift, Microsoft Office Suite, Implement Mark Systems. Produce and maintain accurate estimates and detailed take-offs for all standard and custom Landmark plans. enter information into the Landmark systems as appropriate to develop accurate and detailed take-offs. Establish a “Master take-off” for each Landmark standard offering home plan
- Publish and Maintain development and homesite information required for an accurate lot matrix and plan fit on all Landmark Homes communities. Generate specific site plans utilizing appropriate software programs to ensure plan fit and positioning that meets both regulatory and company requirements
- Develop. maintain, and file site-specific build blueprints for every new Landmark constructed home. Ensure all custom changes are properly integrated into the plan and that the resulting plans meet all company and regulatory requirements. Responsible for the printing and distribution of all specific build plans issued to both field and office personnel for each construction project
- Specific build estimates are to be prepared and entered into (Mark Systems) within 7 days of project start. Coordinate and implement all plan changes as requested by Customer, Marketing, or as specified by the Business Owner. Ensure all plans comply with any and all regulatory or industry standard requirements
- Provide support for all pricing requests with takeoff and cost elements on a timely basis to meet company standards. Estimator acts as the prime company resource to respond to structural changes and modifications to standard Landmark plans. Responds to all specific pricing requests received from Customers, Sales, Marketing, CEO or COO. Supports customer meetings on Custom build plans to understand/implement specific requests, changes, clarification, construction, or structural questions. Provides takeoff and specific cost elements for all custom homes including remodels. (Remodels may require on-site visits by Estimator to ensure accuracy of the price quotation generated.)
- Issues and administers construction purchase orders including negotiated terms, proper quantities, negotiated terms, proper quantities, negotiated pricing, and selected vendor or trade partner. Issues any variance purchase orders or purchase change orders that are required due to changes that occur in the field or from Customer selections/options. Ensures vendor/trade partner billing reflects all current agreed to terms, authorizes any and all variances encountered in the construction process
- Monitor and manage the supply process to ensure budget targets are met. Implement a formal cost reduction process that results in effective material and trade partner costs in line with company goals and expectations. Develops, monitors, and maintains policies and procedures in support of purchasing projects that are used in the purchasing function
- Participate in a corporate-wide “SWOT” analysis once per month. Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to ensure all functions within Landmark are current on procurement changes that affect the construction, materials, or sales information required to present and sell a Landmark Home
- High School diploma required, 4 years of college degree preferred, plus 8 years of equivalent construction experience preferred
- Working knowledge of general construction disciplines to include framing, drywall, painting, electrical, and wiring, with general knowledge of plumbing
- Knowledge of structural standards
- Expert knowledge of local building practices, codes, and regulatory environment
- Exceptional computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite, and other industry-related estimating software
- Moderate knowledge of drafting, design, and contract management
- Knowledge and use of auto cad
- Working knowledge of Mark Systems
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or equivalent professional certification preferred
- Project management skills; superior negotiating skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines; Superior attention to detail