Landmark Homes of TN Inc.
Mt. Juliet, TN US
Landmark Homes of TN is growing again!
We are a premier residential home builder in Middle Tennessee for over 30 years. Landmark prides itself on providing our customers with exceptional Customer Service and Personalization. We are a team-centered company that strives to find the perfect fit for those who choose to join our roster. Our mission and core values place our emphasis on our team-centric philosophy, and we strive to build on the personal and professional success of our staff.
Landmark Homes of TN is searching for the best people in the industry who want to join our Elite Team!
The Estimating Specialist is responsible for all construction estimates for both standard offerings and Custom Built homes.
This position provides quantity take-offs for all plans offered and built by Landmark Homes.
The Estimating Specialist ensures the construction integrity of all custom changes made to Landmark plans and enters completed estimates into all required Landmark Management systems.
Responsible for the accuracy of all material and quantity usage by the plan. Responsible for all cost estimates for all company construction projects. Ensures all building estimates meet or exceed regulatory and Company standards. Ensures accuracy of all Blueprints; i.e. plan must meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Utilizing Landmark software programs available: Builder trend, Sage 100 contractor, Mark Systems, Plan swift, Microsoft Office Suite
- Produce and maintain accurate estimates and detailed take-offs for all standard and custom Landmark plans
- Enter information into the Landmark systems as appropriate to develop accurate and detailed take-offs
- Establish a “Master Take-off” for each Landmark standard offering home plan
- Creates, inputs and maintains a company parts database for all company software applications on a quarterly basis or as instructed by the Leadership team
- Specific build estimates are to be prepared and entered into Builder Trend and Mark Systems within 7 days of the project start
- Provide support for all pricing requests with take-off and cost elements on a timely basis to meet company standards received from Customers, Sales, Marketing, and CEO or COO
- Accurate and timely takeoff and specific cost elements for all custom homes including remodels. (Remodels may require on-site visits by Estimator to ensure accuracy of the price quotation generated)
- Issues and inputs all management-approved variance purchase orders. Maintains a monthly cost variance report based on the variance P.O.s issued and processed
- Release the final plans and home selections to the appropriate Trade Partners to obtain home/lot-specific pricing
- Accuracy goals: Overall estimate to be within 1%; individual estimate categories within 3% either under of over actual cost
- Participate in a corporate-wide “SWOT” analysis once per month
- Mark Systems knowledge
- High school diploma required, Associate or B.S. in construction strongly preferred
- Three years of specific construction estimating may be substituted for formal education
- Working knowledge of general construction disciplines to include framing, drywall, painting, electrical, and wiring, with general knowledge of plumbing
- Knowledge of structural standards
- Expert knowledge of local building practices, codes, and regulatory environment
- Exceptional computer skills including use of Microsoft office suite
- Moderate knowledge of drafting, design, and contract management
- Knowledge and use of auto cad